Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I guess

So it's been on my mind for awhile, and now it's time to write about it. When we are born, we hopefully are born into a loving family, with loving parents. Sometimes our parents don't know how to express this love, towards you, your siblings, or even their partner. But yet we still know they love us. We are their offspring, they created us. They vow to protect us, and keep us safe. Little do they realize one day, they won't be able to keep this promise. Sometimes we hurt ourselves, and other times, others hurt us. But at anyrate, we are going to be hurt at some point.

We grow up, they change us, take care of our needs, kiss our bumps and bruises,tuck us in at night,tell us no monsters are going to get us. everlasting love. We hit school, things change, we make friends, we screw up, and get into trouble. Sure you got into trouble at home, but at school it's completely different. Oneday we hit the stage of "My parents are stupid", we rebel, and don't listen. We may flunk a grade, or a class. But if we are lucky our parents show us tough love, and you come out ontop.

I don't really see my parents as my parents anymore. I'm 26, no longer need help in school, still need life advice from time to time, and I'm sure if I go back to school, I'll be calling my dad. I'm sure they still see me as their son, just older, and not the sweet little boy I used to be. If I was ever sweet,just ask my mom. I was a screaming little brat. But I ask the question, when does them protecting us, raising us stop? It probably never stops, lets be honest, even after they leave this world, our parents still teach us. I've messed up a lot, stupid decesions mostly. But everytime, they are there, help me out. Show me the error in my ways, and most of the time I'm not smart enough to avoid the same mistake. Stubborn young, man with no direction in life I guess.

Our parents raise us, with the best intentions in this world. Sometimes the best intentions aren't good enough, other times, we find our own intentions, and just fly off the handle. Our parents don't know all, but I'll say 9 times out of 10, they know better then we do. I think all a parent can ask for, is for us to be a better version of them. Maybe smarter, wealthier, more generous, more kids then they had. Don't we all want to see the family name carried on?

So that's all I got, another waste of your time. But isn't that what blogging is about, wasting time, making you think about something else, then our own fucked up lives. I'll be back again, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment